So you’ve been thinking about your retirement and it’s an exciting proposition.
So, you’ve been thinking about your retirement and it’s an exciting proposition.
Three critical questions have probably come to mind if you are approaching retirement:
- How much do we need to save to live comfortably in retirement?
- Where do I put my money so it lasts as long as we are living?
- If something happens to me, will my plan continue to work for my family?
If you are in retirement now you likely are wondering:
- Can I get enough income off of what I’ve saved to sustain my lifestyle? And for the life of my spouse if I die (if you are married)?
- Will my money last as long as I need it to last? Do I have it in the right retirement planning accounts?
- If something happens to me, will my plan continue to work for my spouse and my family?
Great news – often you can achieve both objectives: adequate life-long retirement income and preservation of wealth for your family.
Retirement planning is like climbing a mountain…
Is the objective really just to get to the top? Not entirely.
The objective is to get to the top and then to get back down safely.
Retirement planning is just like climbing a mountain. Getting to the top is your accumulation period where you’ve worked hard and saved for your future. Getting back down is the distribution phase of your retirement.
Successful retirement planning is truly all about “how you’ve packed your bag!”
There isn’t a cheap and easy bailout at the top of the mountain if you’ve prepared for your retirement journey the wrong way.
Advisory Services offered through API Financial Advisors. We do not accept orders and /or instructions regarding your account by e-mail, voice mail, fax or any alternative method.Privileged/ Confidential Information may be contained in this message. This electronic mail transmission and any document(s) accompanying this transmission is privileged, and may be proprietary in nature. It is intended only for the use of the named addressee(s) to which it is directed. If you are not the addressee(s) indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise us immediately if you or your employer do not consent to Internet email for message of this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of our firm shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.